started, but did not finish cleaning my patio
If you live pretty much anywhere in North America this should sound familiar to you. I knew the song but I didn’t know what kind of bird it was, but I can hear one outside right now so finally did some googling to figure it out. Song Sparrow, duh! Their song reminds me of being in my teens/twenties when I would stay up all night. When the song sparrows started singing in the morning was when I’d realize “oh crap, now I’ll never get to sleep.” While I definitely don’t miss those nights there is a certain nostalgia to them. Song sparrows also make me think of being in the country. Waking up early, a field of wildflowers, tall trees, coffee on the deck in the morning sunshine. I can picture it so clearly but I feel like this isn’t even a real memory. Just sort of an amalgam of growing up on Vancouver Island and various cabin-based vacations I’ve gone on as an adult.
To do list for this week:
1. fix all the holes left in the walls after moving furniture*
2. take apart the old entertainment stand and re-use the drawers in the dining room bench**
3. paint the mirror & bulletin board frames for Sym’s room***
4. paint the old dresser top that I saved to make into a headboard, and figure out how to put it up ****
* Also holes left from shelves falling off the walls THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN
** Formerly the dining room faux-denza, pls see above re: shelves falling off the walls THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN
*** When Sym decided she wanted a vanity area in this room she chose this Ikea Ung Drill mirror for it. It’s still in the packaging but last Friday morning I was taking out some garbage and I found an identical mirror propped up against the power pole outside the back gate. The mirror is cracked but the frame is in perfect condition.
**** SUGGESTIONS WELCOME